Monday, March 3, 2008

Random Act Of Kindness

On saturday around 6:30pm, I decided to go out and get some groceries. It was very wintery conditions outside so I figured I'd better go before it got any worse. I went into Albertsons (my favorite store by the way). I was in there about an hour. By the time I came out my car had about 2 inches of snow on it. Well, since we had just had a very warm week I took my big scraper out of the car that has the brush. I popped the trunk and started clearing off the back window and trunk so snow wouldn't get in side. The snow was VERY COLD (as everyone knows)!! Then all of a sudden i see this car coming right at me. It was a West Valley City Police Officer.. he pulls his car up diagonal to me and jumps out with a GUN!! No it wasn't a gun it was a black snow scraper with a brush on it... He says looks like your hands are getting cold... let me help you :)
How NICE of him.. he was just driving through the parking lot and saw poor pathetic me in my sweat shirt clearing off tons of snow with my hands and drove over to clear off my car...
I thanked him and he was on his way.. I love the police out here.. every time we've had to call them to come to our house (3 in the past 2 years) they have been SO NICE :) I always feel safe knowing they are out there patrolling the streets.
So, I'm going to try and do at least one RAOK each day (random act of kindness). We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

JoshandMegs said...

Wow Lisa, why have you had to call the Police 2 or 3 times already?