So, we went to Spring Creek this past weekend to visit my parents and help my sister with a health fair booth. We bought a new Corolla back in like September and I've pretty much adopted it as "my" car and gavin drives "his" Maxima.
Well, we filled up our tank friday just before leaving and it takes up half a tank to get to my parents. So, if we don't drive AT ALL while in SC we could get back on the other half, but that's never the case we drive around quite a bit. Gavin, being the nice husband that he is, said he would drive on the way home since there was some bad weather and I don't like to drive in it.
Gavin doesn't know that car very well so when it said we had a fourth of a tank in Wendover he figured we'd be fine and we'd stop somewhere else if we needed gas. Ummmm aparently he forgot that there's nothing but salt flats between Wendover and SLC. I woke up from a nap and he said "do you want to know the bad news now or just wait till it happens"... I looked at him and said we're gonna run out of gas aren't we?
Oh my goodness.. I always make fun of people that run out of gas becuase i'm like how hard is it it fill up your tank. But now we were stuck in a storm and the gas light has been on for over 40 miles. We got to the rest stop about 60 miles from SLC and decided we'd better pull off and figure out what to do since we didn't want to be stuck on the side of the road in a storm.
I called my older brother, Curtis who was in church, and asked him if he could maybe bring us some gas (40 miles away). He said SURE, what a great brother!!
We waited at the rest stop for about a half hour and had some FUN things happen including Kalista peeing all over Gavin. Finally I called him and said we'd start driving toward him and to meet us at the Delle exit. So we barely made it there and i see a big old GAS STATION!!! I felt like such a jerk making him drive all the way out there to meet us at a gas station@!! Oh my goodness we could have avoided the whole thing if i'd of just listened to gavin and gone 10 more miles! But better safe than sorry I suppose, you always hear of those people getting killed along the side of the road.
So, after that my brother said hey wanna come over for dinner haha What an awesome family I have. Gavin and I are so blessed to have them close by, how many other people would still be happy if they had to leave church, fill up a gas can, drive in the rain 30 miles to meet their silly baby sister that said she might run out of gas... for no reason!! Ha Thanks Curtis and Trinity you guys are the best and we love you very much :)
SO let this be a lesson to all..... GET GAS before you go under a fourth of a tank. BUT if you don't you can drive at least 50 miles after the gas light comes on.
2 comments:
Oh, Lisa I can see why you sounded a little frusterated when I called... I think it must have been right about that time. On a happier note, it is great that we have such a great family. I'm so glad that I was lucky enough to marry into it. I agree, might of been silly to call when there was a gas station right up the road, but it is better to be safe than sorry... Especially if you had Calista with you.
Haha! Been there, done that--TWICE! They both happened right after each other. Fortunately, that was right after we got married and since then we have remembered to fill up when going on trips!
Post a Comment