Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Photography Degree!! Wooo

Ok so ever since I was in 4th grade I've wanted to be a photographer. I took photography for 2 years in high school and loved it. I have no idea why I didn't just start working toward this goal right out of high school but wasted a lot of time going to LDSBC getting a good for nothing degree. But I suppose I thought it was unrealistic to have a job that I LOVE. :) Plus I never would have met the people I did and wouldn't be married to my amazing Husband so i guess it wasn't ALL for notihg.
Well, I'm finally going to JUST DO IT!! I have a clock on my wall in my kitchen that says "It's Never Too Late To Be What You Might Have Been."
It's so funny because now that I have a child and am married and all I feel like my chance to go to school has passed. Ok ummmm i'm 23 years old for crying out loud! It's not like i'm 75 and want to start my photography business. So, I have enrolled in classes at SLCC and will start May 12 working my way to my Associates Degree in Visual Arts/Photography! I am SO happy and excited. I tried to take a photography class at a local art center a few months ago but it turned out to be taught by some volenteer guy that knew as much as I did about cameras.
I'll be taking classes pretty much all day on Thursday (my day off of Nannying) and then a few other night classes.
I cant wait to finally be what i might have been. :) I just had to share this because i'm bursting with excitement!

8 comments:

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

yeaaa! I am excited for you. School is hard work but so worth it!!

Greg & Jen said...

Congratulations on your decision to go back to school! I've always loved photography too. It was by far my favorite class, unfortunately at the time I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to dedicate to it. I still got some great pictures though. I'm glad that you are going into a field that you love...

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I love Photography! I took it in high school as well and just enjoyed it. I do wish that I took classes in college (as well as interior decorating classes). You're going to have so much fun! I'm totally jealous! You'll have to post pics of your latest pictures and projects!

JoshandMegs said...

Woo hoo! That will be so much fun, I love photography! How long should it take? Have fun!

Julie/Mom said...

Sounds like a good plan to me Lisa! If I had started college right out of high school I would have graduated with a teaching degree in December of 1977...the same month I got married. That's one thing I've always wished I had done. However, it's never to late to set new goals for yourself, even at 75! I'm glad you didn't wait that long though. I still have that b/w picture of a cowboy roping a calf you took for a class in high school, it's hanging on the wall in our TV room...I really like it because you did a great job of capturing that moment in time, a wonderful talent to have in the photography business...I have no doubt you'll do very well! Much love - Mom

P.S. I love the pictures you take of Gavin with Kalista...they are treasures.

Metcalf Family said...

:) Thanks MOM!!

Trinity said...

That's great Lisa!! You have been talking about doing it for so long and I am glad that you will be able to do it!! Let me know if you need any help with Kalista!

jongofish said...

You will be so happy you did it Lisa. You have my support, so let me know if I can help.
Larissa